add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Guys I really need some help here: Buy vs Build

ecooper26

36 months ago

Ok, so I've been researching parts and putting together parts list after parts list and I finally come up with a setup that I like. So me being me, I pull the trigger. Boom, everything is on the way, should be here all ready to go in 3 days tops. All good right? Nope. Also, me being me, I keep looking: for build tips, etc, and then I stumble on the Cyber Power Syber C Elite 300. I can put pretty much the same parts into it, it's about $110 (I think I may return the 7700 for the 7700K and maybe underclock it). Personally I like the case design better than the RVZ02. I dunno, maybe I just need some people with more experience to talk me off the ledge :) Basically is there any reason at all that I should return it all and go with the Syber?

My current setup:$1635 https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nxqw8K

Here are the Syber's specs: $1747

*BASE_PRICE: [+1375]

BLKFRISALE1: CyberPowerPC RGB 7 Color Premium Gaming Keyboard [+0]

BLKFRISALE2: RAZER Abyssus Black Wired Optical Gaming Mouse + Goliathus Control Speed Gaming MousePad Bundle [+0]

CABLE: 6-FT HDMI Flat Cable, V1.4, Supports 3D & 4K Resolution, Gold Plated Connector Cable (1 piece)

CAS: Syber C Series Mini-ITX Gaming Chassis w/ 7 color RGB LED, USB 3.0 (White Color)

CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i7-7700K 4.20GHZ 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151 (Kaby Lake)

FAN: ZALMAN CNPS8900 Copper Base w/ Heatpipes Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler [+36]

HDD: 480GB SanDisk Z410 SSD + 2TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo [+74] (Combo Drive)

MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory [+60] (Corsair Vengeance [+60])

MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z270I GAMING PRO CARBON AC mITX w/ Mystic RGB Light, AC WiFi, USB 3.1, 3 PCIe x16, 4 SATA3, 1 M.2 SATA/PCIe [Intel Optane Ready] [+37]

NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

POWERSUPPLY: 600 Watts - Corsair SF600 Fully Modular 80 PLUS GOLD Certified High Performance SFX Power Supply [+22]

VIDEO: * ASUS Turbo GeForce® GTX 1070 Gaming 8GB GDDR5 (Pascal)[VR Ready] [+13] (Single Card)

***Edit: Tried to make it easier to read

Comments

• 36 months ago
  • 2 points

Ok. I found the weblink about your Syber C Elite 300.

In fact, the decision is very personal but here is my thoughts:

• you need to decide if it's important or not for you to build/customize your own PC
  • you need to consider that the warrantly and support will be simplest and easiest with only 1 company to deal :-)
  • There is no shame to decide to go with the Syber C. Moreover, you like its design.

For 110 bucks, you can change your case or directly get the Syber C.

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the quick reply! I guess maybe I should have specified that the Syber list I posted was configured as close to my build as possible vs the pre-planned that they start you with?

I really enjoyed building my first PC, which is part of the reason that I began looking to do another (and I really like the console type SFF cases).

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube