add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

VESA Mount & Predator Annoyance

Ryfi
  • 38 months ago

Hey Everyone!

So I am starting my first build in a couple days. Without going into details, let's just say 7700k + 2 1080s STRIX OC Editions + Maximus IX Code.

The monitor has been a source of much anger for me, and try to see things from my perspective rather than calling me just spoiled.

I have a Razer Themed build (Black/Green) along with a Black/Green DXRacer chair. I also picked up the Razer Edition S340. Point is, the build is black and green.

Now, I am also fortunate in that I have a contact at Acer, so I was able to get the 27' 4k Predator model, which just barely fits where I need it to, at $300 off. I now realize I will be haunted by my decision to bite at the sale forever. For starters, the base of the stand is red. I tried spray painting it, but the paint doesn't look good due to the amount of bends and curves on the stand. It always end up globby looking.

Basically, I need a VESA stand for my Predator, one that is entirely black and looks good too. Anyone know any good choices? Most of the ones I have found are terrible looking or are for wall mounting. It would need to have a hole through which to cable manage.

Also, on the bottom bezel of the Predator Monitor, there's this ingrained (not a sticker) predator logo, that is surrounded with a sort of red outline. I find it unignorable and unmatching. So my next question would be if there is any way to either make it unnoticable or something, or if I am going to need to use a sticker?

In summary, anyone know any good black VESA stands, or any way to cover an indented Predator Logo (and still have it look good)?

Comments

There are no comments.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube