add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

The Competition

ewhac
  • 38 months ago

While looking for something else, I rediscovered a reference to price comparison Web site I used to use back in the late 1990's. To my surprise, it still exists, so I gave it a visit for the first time in what must be fifteen years.

I feel confident in stating: The proprietors of this site need not worry -- Pricewatch.com sucks.

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

That site was the **** back in the 90s and early 2ks. I used it a LOT.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh, yes, back in the late 1990's, it was quite useful. I used it to shop for several components. But even then it had bogus entries, bugs, and just generally felt sloppy and poorly maintained. The current incarnation has that same feel, and seems to have done little to address those issues.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Ya that place looks pretty unkempt

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube