add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
nascarjjrp

32 months ago

Hi, I need a bang for buck gaming pc. It has to have an OS, monitor, keyboard and mouse and run steam games @30-60 FPS at max settings at 1080p. Thanks!

Comments

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

Bang for buck doesn't tell us much. How much money do you have to spend on the computer?

[comment deleted]
  • 32 months ago
  • 1 point

I suppose if you want the computer to be as cheap as possible, then this is about as low as it gets while strictly meeting the criteria you want. Note that it will tend to be closer to 30 FPS than 60 FPS for a number of games. I gave you 2x4 GB of RAM instead of 1x8 GB since many games are now benefiting from dual channel memory. Also, here are some modifications you can make:

• If your budget is big enough, you can switch the GTX 1050 for the RX 470, which will do 60 FPS much more easily. Ignore the GTX 1050 Ti, as that's still not a 60 FPS card.
  • If you need extra CPU power for some games, then ignore the i3 CPUs completely. They cost at least twice as much as the Pentium G4560, but are only about 5-10% faster. Instead, go straight for the i5-7400.
  • If you don't need or want the speed from an SSD, you can switch it for a Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB, saving you some money while increasing the amount of storage you have.
  • If your games are all compatible with Linux, you can remove Windows and save $90.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor $61.99 @ Jet
Motherboard *ASRock H110M-HDS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $46.99 @ SuperBiiz
Memory *Team Dark 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $54.99 @ Newegg
Storage *SK hynix SL308 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $76.99 @ SuperBiiz
Video Card *EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 2GB ACX 2.0 Video Card $104.99 @ SuperBiiz
Case Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mini Tower Case $44.89 @ SuperBiiz
Power Supply Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $49.99 @ B&H
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $89.99 @ NCIX US
Monitor *Sceptre E225W-1920 22.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor $79.99 @ Jet
Keyboard AmazonBasics KU-0833 +MSU0939 Wired Standard Keyboard w/Optical Mouse $24.05 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $634.86
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-02-11 00:37 EST-0500
  • 32 months ago
  • 1 point

And will it do those marks at max settings?

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

The actual list I provided will typically not go at 60 FPS max settings, it'll generally be closer to 30-50 FPS. The i5-7400 and RX 470 upgrade definitely will do the 60 FPS, but is much more expensive.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay, thanks for the help!

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

Welcome. :D

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

what items can we add to the list when we drop the keyboard, mouse and monitor?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube