add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Radeon Pro Duo or GTX 1080 Ti?

GTA97JM

33 months ago

Just for fun topic since i found the Pro Duo for $800 on Newegg. Looking for opinions since bench-marking websites declare no clear winner in gaming.

Comments

• 33 months ago
  • 4 points

1080 ti :) don't play with crossfire, I always hated turning off one of my cards so I could play a AAA title that had zero support

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Agreed

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

1080ti. 4GB of VRAM isn't enough for the raw power of the Duo, and I'm sure VEGA ain't far off. Crossfire issues can nullify the Pro Duo as well.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

At the very best it will match it since iirc its basically is two Fury X's which is at best on par with a GTX 980 Ti which is a tad bit weaker than two GTX 1070's which is at best on par with a GTX 1080 Ti. Plus it will have more more VRAM and use less power and no of the SLI/cross fire issues and its cheaper.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

At the very best it will match

Its about the same as a normal 1080.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes but I was referring to a heavily AMD biased title and was going off of the top of my head.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Dx12 sli/crossfire support appears to not exist in the benchs I've been looking at blah, so tempting to grab a 320$ 1070 ftw Off eBay but looks to be a waste of $$$, Gtx 1080 ti will be a good bet, will make my 1440p 165hz gsync a happy camper!

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

1080ti because it wouldn't be enought to balance it with 4gb VRAM + must games don't support crossfire. If you want to be kewl just buy an AMD fury x and and gtx 1080ti and using Directx 12 you can use both graphics cards at the same time>P.S. Not joking.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube