add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Looking at getting a new GPU

Asbuf

34 months ago

So currently I have a RX480 in my build, but I now work for a company and do a lot of video editing. I plan on getting a GTX 1080 or GTX 1080 Ti. I also plan on doing SLI in the near future. Is 1080 Ti SLI just too much? I want to be able to do all of my video editing, but may want to still play games in the free time or while the video is being processed.

Current Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XRdFYr

Comments

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

If you can, I suggest waiting for Vega. It would be a shame to waste the Freesync on your monitor. Between these two however, the wisdom is to always buy the best gpu in your budget. I would go for the Ti. Sure, it may be slightly overkill for 1080p, however if you want to move up to 1440p you will be in excellent shape.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, that is something I forgot to mention. My bad. My work is providing me with 2 4k monitors and I for got I had my old monitors in that parts list.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube