add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Rx480 or GTX 1060 with this build ?

madhappy

33 months ago

Even the price is almost the same now , 20$ or 30$ difference are not that much for a long time PC build ( at least 2 years )

This is the pc build i want to do: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rNd9vV

Should i get 1060 or rx480. After looking at forums etc... 1060 seems better but others are saying r480 will be better on dx12 etc... I will do as you say....

Thank you

Comments

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

They are about as close in overall performance as you can get. The 1060 does better in DX 11 games while the 480 does better in DX 12 games.

Personally, unless there are specific games you want to play that will favor the 1060, I would go with the 480. DX 12 is the future, and the high VRAM may give the card a bit longer life.

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

Yeah, I agree. I'd go for the 480.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube