add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

1080p and GTX 950 --> 4K, which single GPU?

Master-Zixx

33 months ago

Saving up for a 4K display. I currently have a 1080p monitor and a GTX 950. My primary games are Skyrim SE, Dragon Age: Inquisition and World of Warcraft. I cannot SLI, my PSU is 650W.

I'm not extremely fussed on graphics, but my 950 can run the three above at a minimum of 45fps on a minimum of high settings at 1080p. This is sufficient for me. I know GTX 1080 is the sweet spot for 4K gaming, the 1080 ti is the pinnacle of 4K gaming and I know the 1070 is officially ideal for 1440p. However the first two would require quite a bit of saving. Would I be alright with a GTX 1070 and for how long? Would I be better saving up for a 1080(/ti) or even GTX 11?

Thanks

Comments

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

Emm well if your on a budget get a used Gtx 1080 off eBay cause everyone is dumping them for a ti, I know at 1440p I turn off some stuff that I can't even see the difference that kills fps so at 4K is double that. I wouldn't buy a 1080 ti till vega drops cause maybe just maybe nvidia will have to price reduce!

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

I would just say to get a 1080 after selling the gtx 950 because if you want to sli you need to upgrade your power supply and it's all a mess. Another option would be to sell your gtx 950 and crossfire the rx 480s.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Not selling the 950. I did say I can't crossfire or sli

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube