add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What Video Cards Can support upto 5 tv screens?

richard_lapier

33 months ago

Im building a computer that can replace a five computer set up for my school. the computer will be used for running simulator games and some video editing programs. Please let me know what graphics cards will work with no problem that are resonable prices.

Comments

• 33 months ago
  • 3 points

Most modern GPU's support up to 3 or 4 monitors each depending on vendor configuration. Some AMD GPU's will support up to 5 or 6 with the right vendor configuration and/or adapters. Resolution will play a factor in how many monitors can be connected to a GPU as well, as there are maximum desktop sizes supported by cards, as well as bandwidth/connectivity limitations. For example, running 5 X 4K monitors from a modern single GPU could prove pretty difficult as I don't believe the necessary MST hardware exists yet to support that. Running 5 X 1080P monitors should be pretty easy, just pick up a RX 470 configured with 3 X DP, 1 X HDMI, and 1 X DVI. Use a DVI to HDMI adapter for 1 TV, directly connect another TV to the HDMI port, and use 3 X Active DP to HDMI adapters for the remaining 3 TV's.

If you want to be able to span a single 3D viewport (game) across all 5 monitors, AMD is the only way to support this (use eyefinity with all monitors connected to the same GPU). On the other hand, if this is just to extend a desktop across 5 monitors, you can use multiple separate budget GPU's instead to try to save some money on the build.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

I was about to recommend using a DisplayPort MST hub but it doesn't look like using it and an RX 460 would bring the price down.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

You'll likely need dual cards to connect that many displays; they'll have to be in SLI/Crossfire if you want to use surround spanning for gaming.

Which card specifically depends on the resolution and refresh rates of the monitors.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

they are 1080P i think they are 120

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

You could sli 2 1080's or 980ti's to get that performance. If you don't want to bottleneck the GPU just get a i7-4960x if you want to split its power to 4-5 monitors as it can easily handle anything. If you want to game simply get an intel xeon.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Not with $600

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

never said anything about $600 lol

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

His budget is 6 bills

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Its going to be school budget of $600 for the whole rig. Unless we can get the parts donated and just buy the Graphics cards brand new.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube