add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Rx 480 or Rx 580

WhosGrand

33 months ago

I just heard about the Rx 580 being released in April and i haven't bought my graphics card for my computer yet. I was looking at the comparison between them and they seem very minor. I wanted to get the Gaming X version of the 480 anyways and I don't feel like waiting for MSI to make a 580 Gaming X version. Is it worth the wait?

Comments

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

The RX 580 is just all rumors. Just buy now.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Not rumors. See mark5916's comment.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

I think they're bringing the RX 580 out on April 18th.... but you know how the supply chain works so it might be a month or 2 after launch before you can get your hands on the MSI RX 580 Gaming X.

AFAIK, the RX 580 is just a rehashed RX 480 with the clock speed boosted a little bit. I did read the RX 580 is supposed to be priced at $200 but I don't know if that's for the 4gb version or the 8gb version.

It might be worth the wait if you're a budget builder who's not planning to build right away. The RX 570 is supposed to be priced at $150.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

This topic has been moved from "Hardware > Other" to "Hardware > Video Cards".

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
  • 33 months ago
  • 0 points

Well perhaps maybe get the RX 680, I'm sure it is worth the wait!

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube