add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

GTX 1060 6Gb for 1080p 144Hz gaming?

HisTaintness

34 months ago

Hey everyone!

I was wondering if a GTX 1060 6Gb card could handle a 144Hz refresh rate in 1080p. I know it is awesome at 1080p 60Hz, but can it handle the double of it?

Thanks!

Comments

• 34 months ago
  • 2 points

I will tell you. YES it can. New and demanding games you wont be able to Max out graphical settings, but most games you should be able to hit High-Very High and less demanding games you can Ultra @ 144fps. Some games you will have to drop to medium. The thing is all that can be changed if you know how to lower the other graphical settings like Anti-aliasing and shadows, details to lower or using FXAA which will give you more FPS to play with and crank the RESO higher as at that high FPS your dont going stand still and look at the flowers or grass. Your after fast high and smooth frames. As long as you have a decent CPU it should be fine. If you can afford a 1070 by all means.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

It just depends on the games

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Indeed and your CPU, Just for reference my 1070 can't handle 144Hz on all games.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm planning on getting either an i5-7600k/GTX 1060 or GTX1070 or depending on my budget an i7-7700k/GTX 1070

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

For games, it'd be AAA titles such as BF1, Overwatch, R6S, Wildlands, etc

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Try get a 1070 with 7600k, 7700k if possible but 7600k is definitely enough especially oc'd.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube