PCPartPicker

• Register

Looking for a recommendation for a good all in one headset, or a headset and separate mic.

Forum Search

Guidelines

• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

edwardgray 4 months ago

I am spending roughly 3 grand on a PC, going 7700k, liquid cooled CPU, a 1080ti and a 144hz 1440p monitor. I am budgeting roughly 160 for a headset and mic, which I would prefer to be integrated but it doesn't have to. What do you guys recommend?

Comments Sorted by:

Jeff_M 2 points 4 months ago

The problem with most headsets with a built in mic are that the mic quality is often fairly poor. My recommendation is to get a set of good headphones and add a Modmic 5 to it. That mic is $70, so you should be able to get a decent pair of headphones with the remaining budget. The Modmic 4 is cheaper and also decent, but the 5 is newer and enough of an improvement that I think it's worth it.

https://antlionaudio.com/products/modmic-5

There's plenty of YouTube reviews on it that have sound samples, so I encourage you to give those a listen and see how it compares to everything else.

InvaderGir 1 point 4 months ago

A good pair of open back headphones like the SHP9500 plus a Modmic 4/5 is probably the best combination. Great sound and mic quality.

suhok 1 Build 1 point 4 months ago

I have the Hyper X Cloud II, and I like it a lot. The mic is not integrated, but I have had good experience with it over discord. The 7.1 surround sound is pretty nice and it is a very comfortable headset for long gaming sessions. My ears get warm after several hours, but I have that problem with almost every head set haha. Overall it has been the best headset I have ever tried, but my budget was lower at around $100 ;).

Evil_Paroxysm 3 Builds 1 point 4 months ago

The mic on the Game Zero's is actually good quality. People always assume I have a dedicated mic. Crystal clear, and flip up muting is a wonderful feature that I can not get rid of now.

[comment deleted by staff]