• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

SaiReh 7 months ago

I'm thinking about selling this rig for $700 but I wanna hear some peoples' opinions on it. Willing to part it out if I need to. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/J3YDTH

Comments Sorted by:

vagabond139 5 Builds 1 point 7 months ago

You won't get close to that much. $450 at the very most and if you want to sell it faster $400 or lower.

Here is how I priced everything out.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor $60.00
CPU Cooler be quiet! Shadow Rock Slim 67.8 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler $20.00
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard $70.00
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $35.00
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 250GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $10.00
Storage Seagate 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive $45.00
Video Card Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Tri-X Video Card $100.00
Case NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case $45.00
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $40.00
Wireless Network Adapter Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter $20.00
Case Fan Cooler Master R4-L4S-10AB-GP 60.9 CFM 140mm Fan $3.00
Case Fan Cooler Master R4-L4S-10AB-GP 60.9 CFM 140mm Fan $3.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $451.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-20 22:30 EDT-0400

Free feel to ask for a explanation.

SaiReh submitter 1 point 7 months ago

Uhm, yes tbh I would really like a explanation. I know used parts automatically drop the price but never have I seen it drop by like 50%+. Also, my computer is in close to perfect condition and appears as new. Finally, I think about it in the way that you're getting a PC that can play modern games at Ultra settings 60 FPS on 1080p for $500. And even now, that's not really possible.

vagabond139 5 Builds 1 point 7 months ago

PC parts drop value quite fast due to age, being used, and newer better parts coming out. I paid about $330 for a R9 390 last year but now it is worth about $170. PC parts are one of the worse things you can buy if you want a good return when you sell them.

The CPU is on par with a Kabylake Pentium which is $60 so for anyone wants a CPU for gaming that is really all you would be able to get out of and most people are gamers so you might as well cater to the majority of people. Intel sunk the value of the FX CPU's with making basically a $60 i3. Not to mention the Pentium uses less power and has a significantly better upgrade path along with being able to use DRR4 RAM.

Iirc the CPU cooler is about on par with a Evo 212, Cryorig M9i, H7, etc so $20 would be a good price for it.

Before the price randomly spiked on the board it was being sold for around $100 so $70 is a fair price for it.

You can get 8GB of RAM brand new for about $44 so knocking $10 for it being used is fair.

A 250GB HDD is quite small and is going to interest very few if any people, you are going to need to price it low.

The hybrid drive costs about the same as a normal HDD so its a good price for it.

After MiR, yes I count it for pricing out a build since too many people count them for their build and will compare prices including it, you can get a GTX 1050 Ti for $130 which has equal or better performance, uses whole lot less power, puts out less heat, and it will have a warranty on it.

$45 for the case since I don't know the condition of it, you could get a bit more if its good shape.

$40 for the PSU since the NexG series are heavily overpriced for what they offer at normal prices (they should be ~$60 at the most) and its used on top of it. With MiR you can get a brand new CXM for about $45 which is better than it but it has 100 less watts.

I honestly didn't know to price out a used wifi adapter so I just took $10 off for it being.

$3 for the fans since you can get new equal fans for well $6, not sure how good the pricing is on them but its a few dollars so its nothing to worth about.

SaiReh submitter 1 point 7 months ago

Alright thanks for your explanation and help! Honestly now I don't even want to try selling it anymore lol.