add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

GeForce gtx 1060 6gb or GeForce gtx 1070?

DaFearedBeard

33 months ago

I'm wanting a gaming/streaming pc and I'm just curious as to how big the difference is between these two gpu (fps mostly). The price of the 1070 is the only thing holding me back from getting it.

Comments

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

The 1070 is much faster and ideally you would want a fast card as you wouldn't want any FPS drops or low FPS in more demanding games.

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1070-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1060-6GB/3609vs3639

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

The 1070 really is a far stronger card.

However, if OP is staying at 1080p 60Hz, then the 1060 is plenty powerful for most games.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm still debating on the 60hz and 144hz. I'll be honest, I'm a noob. This would be my first build. I used to game on a Mac (awful idea). What is the difference between 60 and 144? Is the 144 a faster refresh?

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

Yeah 144hz is a faster refresh rate for the monitor.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for your input, it really helped! You're right, a fast card would make more logical sense. I was leaning toward the 1070 to begin with and now I think that's what I'm going with. Thanks again!

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

Definitely go with the 1070. I have a 1060 and a 144hz monitor @ 1080p, and on certain games at Medium-High Settings I can get around 110 FPS (Games like Rainbow Six Siege, Dying Light, etc..), but a 1070 would definitely give you a higher boost in performance. Much higher.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube