add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

asus 1080 strix or evga 1080 ftw?

waffle502

33 months ago

I plan on getting a 1080 within a couple months and i wanna know which cooler will be better. this or this

Things i am concerned with: Noise, heat

Things i am not concerned with: price, size

Comments

• 32 months ago
  • 2 points

heat the STRIX will offer lower PCB and GPU temperatures. The heatsink assembly is larger and can displace more heat. Additionally, the fans can operate a lower RPM allowing for very quite operation.

Both cards will be cooler and quieter than the reference design.

You can see a review from HEXUS showing the temperature improvement on the STRIX and compare it to the EVGA.

https://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2016/06/15/evga-geforce-gtx-1080-ftw-review/18 https://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2016/06/15/evga-geforce-gtx-1080-ftw-review/18

Additionally also keep in you mind that as GPU BOOST is based on power consumption and thermals the lower temps allow for higher GPU clock speeds than those programmed.

Some other nice plus points are Board components are rated for higher performance PCB and card are produced used SMT production You have two fan headers on the card ( allowing for intake fans to be connected easily and ramp based on GPU temperature )

Hope this helps! Thanks for considering ASUS.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

One more thing. I noticed it only had 2 displayports. will it be able to run 3 1080p 144hz monitors in nvidia surround?

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, you would need a HDMI to DP cable.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

If price isn't a concern, 1080ti.

I'd go with Asus. It auto OCs to 2Ghz and is fairly silent. 3 fans are usually quieter than 2, since you can run the 3 fans slower for the same cooling performance.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

If price isn't an issue.. EVGA 1080 FTW2...or FTW3 (1080Ti)

This comparison might mean something to you

Especially since the EVGA won 2 of the categories, performance and customer support. This review was before the FTW2 launch, which is obviously better.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube