add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Which video card will perform better?

Dr.rig404

33 months ago

I have the option of choosing between only those two video cards: the Sapphire Radeon RX 480 8GB NITRO+ or the Asus GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Dual . which one do you think i should choose, which one will perform better, pros and cons.

p.s. - Mainly for gaming ( and some editing )

Comments

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Before this thread turns into a shitstorm of biased opinions, let me ask you this.

What game/games do you primarily play?

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow i laughed so hard..... but i really dont think it will turn into a "shitstorm", i already asked all sort of questions in the forums similar to this and people took it quite nice. As for games i primary play, i dont..... my computer is **** but i do plan onplaying games like Rainbow six siege, Arma 3 i guess, Overwatch, NieR:Automata, Skyrim, batllefield 4, stuff like that.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, the two cards trade punches in different games, and overall, they are very close in performance even when they do trade punches.. If your primary game was Overwatch, I would recommend the 1060 and if your primary game were Rainbox 6, I would recommend the RX 480. But since you want to play a whole gambit of games, I would just get whatever one you like more or looks better for your theme...

It's actually funny, I've built a computer with each of these exact cards and they are both great and the customers love each them.

EDIT: Here are the builds I was talking about

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Yea i did my "research" about those cards knowing they are preety similar overall, i guess i will really just go with the one that is just more to my liking. Thanks you, very much appreciated.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube