add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Brand 1080 ti (Stock) did not pass Fire Strike stress test

sew333
  • 35 months ago

Stock everything. I plugged in the GPU straight from the box and I got a 94.7% score (97% is passing). Should I return the GPU or is this expected with the throttling that comes along with stock cooler trying to maintain 84 degrees?

screen:

https://s24.postimg.org/gxiixnh39/121212121.jpg

Beside that. In all games temps are the same and i have good performance without drops. I have good scores in all other tests. Can i trust this strees test or i must change card? thanks. Also i tried update 3dmark and the same 95% not passed. All card is on stock settings. Case is open.

Ps: My previous Gtx 1080 Xtreme gaming was passing test always. But now my 1080 ti reference not. Should i exchange card to another ? I bought card week ago. Thank you.

Comments

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

You asked this exact same question on OCN aswell. People gave you their advise. The stability test is failing as the clock starts off very high on the FE card. As the card heats up and approchs 83 degrees (which is normal on the FE cooler) the clocks will fall. This is being picked up as instability when really the card is behaving as expected and in actual use is a major non issue.

Also as suggested if you want to tick it off the list so to speak, just ramp up the fan and it will maintain the boost clock it jumps to and will keep that consistent through the stress test loop.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

do not rma card?

• 35 months ago
  • 2 points

Yeah no need to. Works as expected

• 35 months ago
  • 2 points

That won't fix anything since that is the card is how the card is suppose to work. If anything it would only make things worse since you could get a defective card or something back. Not to mention they would likely charge you to ship it back to them since they will know it works fine.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube