• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Jeff_M 24 months ago

Hey all, just wanted to pass along some info I learned today since I'm sure I'm not the only one who has wondered this. The Enthoo Pro M TG is only made in black, while the Acrylic version also comes in gray and green, so it might look like if you want glass you're SOL if you wanted a different color. Turns out the acrylic and glass panels are interchangeable, and you can purchase a glass panel for $24.99 plus shipping through their customer support email.

Kind of strange why they can't just ship the gray and green ones with a glass option IMO, but that's the way it is.

Comments Sorted by:

A5PECT 1 Build 1 point 24 months ago

IIRC the acryclic version uses a different panel mounting mechanism than the TG, so you can't just stick a TG panel on an acrylic case.

It may not be cost effective to convert existing acrylic chassis to fit glass panels. Plus, Phanteks probably found the non-black Pro M Acrylics didn't sell that well, so didn't bother with them for the TG version.

Jeff_M submitter 1 Build 1 point 24 months ago

This is from the email they sent me

We will not be offering the tempered glass version in Gray. We can however create this model for you through PhanteksUSA.com. The panels are sold separately for $24.99 plus shipping. They are a direct replacement for the acrylic panels and some standard Pro M chassis may have the holes needed to mount the hardware.

So you might be correct in that it uses a different mechanism, but the mounting holes are at least there. I'm still probably going to get a Evolv TG, but I was curious about getting the Pro in gray.

PureBlackFire 1 Build 1 point 24 months ago

the acrylic and glass use the same mounting. somebody in the ocn thread changed to the glass panel about a month back.