• No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Munny_D_Oz 8 days ago

Will this combo do good at 1440p 144hz gaming? I play most AAA titles btw

Comments Sorted by:

Cmdr__Tim 1 point 8 days ago

Might want a gtx 1080 ti, 1080 might fall short of 144hz in a few titles, but if you turn down a few settings gtx 1080 can achieve that also.

Ada 1 point 8 days ago

Graphics you can always turn down settings to hit better frame rates but the 1600 is going to be well short of 144fps in quite a few titles from the reviews only a handful it was reliably over 100fps in AAA titles.

So the question is more how far are you willing to compromise on your graphics settings and frame rates if you use that combo.

Or if you have not purchased the monitor yet consider a 60hz panel instead.

Javanode 1 Build 1 point 7 days ago

I would still recommend the 144hz . It's somewhat future proof and will see quiet smoother experience even with 80-100 fps.

Ada 1 point 7 days ago

How is it future proof when all it does is create a unicorn effect as you edge farther and farther away from its full refresh rate.

I'm no expert on this subject nor experienced with 144Hz. I gathered this information from my reading on the subject from articles and not just specs on paper, as I am considering a 144hz monitor.
From a technical standpoint, it's not reaching the full potential. From a user standpoint, upping the refresh rate between 75 to 100Hz creates substantially faster experience. 100-144 is considered small improvement. How do you consider a faster monitor a unicorn effect?

Ada 1 point 7 days ago

All too often they set unreachable goals thus unicorn effect AAA gaming and high refresh just doesn't work as well as hoped for with even a 1080ti@1080p struggling to hit that 75-100fps in some titles.

To me that's still an advantage. If I'm getting 100 fps on a AAA title that's still a waaaaay better than gaming on a 60Hz monitor.

But it's not about graphics quality and all that! It's about smooth screen movement that is a big deal if FPS gaming.