• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

4Shadow 3 months ago

Hey guys I'm having some serious problems with an old laptop connecting to my Wifi Network. It is running windows 10 and is only a few years old, not great for any heavy programs but just right for browsing the web and watching videos. It keeps creating a weird error though when using my Wifi Network, the name of the Network is 97MRJ but on the laptop, it shows up as 97MRJ 2 . This network doesn't exist and the router doesn't create a network under that name. The Laptop is the only device in the house doing this, I've tried calling Verizon but they weren't any help. Any Ideas?

Comments Sorted by:

legonate416 2 Builds 1 point 3 months ago

This may help you.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/wireless-network-name-mislabeled-as-name-2/9a502f7a-0e23-4e57-bc56-2dfb9b76aed7

Unless you're having trouble actually connecting to the network, it's not an issue to be concerned about.

4Shadow submitter 1 Build 1 point 3 months ago

Awesome thanks a bunch, I'll let you know if it works.

BurntSilicon. 1 Build 0 points 3 months ago
4Shadow submitter 1 Build 1 point 3 months ago

Not a solution, while I have an Ethernet cable for my personal PC, this laptop belongs to another member of the house that does not have access to the router and cannot use the Ethernet cable.

BurntSilicon. 1 Build 1 point 3 months ago

I wasn't serious, sorry - it was a joke. Obviously you need to use a telephone wire XD

I used to have a similar problem, but recently I did a clean install of Win10 and the problem... was no more.

Can they still access the Internet?

Are they one of those people who isn't amazing at using computers? My mum rarely shuts here laptop down - only closes the lid, and sometimes leaves it to charge (while on) by the window, on a sunny day, above a radiator -_-. She will always have 8+ tabs open (on IE, sometime with Chrome at the same time), many Word/Excel documents open. Thing is, she did a Computer Science degree at University and got a B