add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Connecting Case Fan's with Speed Control Question

winona78

33 months ago

I am just putting together my first PC today and I ran into a little confusion. I have this case... Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-ALPHA Mid-Tower Gaming Case, Black/Red and this motherboard... MSI B350 TOMAHAWK Gaming Amd Ryzen B350 Ddr4 Vr Ready Hdmi Usb 3 Atx

The two front case fans are connected to the same cable connection that has the speed control set up. They have 2 male connectors that are the hollow style with 2 pins (but size of a 3 pin). I have no spot on this motherboard to connect them. I can disconnect the fans from the speed control, and they work great, but adding in the speed control is confusing me. Any recommendations for where to connect it?

Hope that makes sense! Thanks in advance!

Comments

• 33 months ago
  • 0 points

Speed control usually requires a separate fan controller or a higher end motherboard

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube