add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What Are Your Other Hobbies Besides Computers?

ChristianMX

33 months ago

My hobbies are dirt bikes, fishing, 4 wheelers, go karts, airsoft, boating, and so on. I'm really interested in 2 stroke dirt bike engines and powerful electric motors. Anyways, I'd like to hear what yours are.

Comments

• 33 months ago
  • 3 points

Plastic models

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

What kind?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

Only you, rhali... =D

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

xD

• 33 months ago
  • 3 points

I do some programming in my spare time. I also do some running and races. Play video games. Enjoy coffee and restaurants, and occasionally hit wineries. Traveling is an infrequent thing that I'm trying to do more of.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

What languages do you like to code in?

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Since the start of the year I have been dabbling in JavaScript, utilizing node.js and the discord.js API (as well as mongodb, phantomjs and selenium webdriver).

Prior to that I was doing a lot of C# in Unity.

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

Very nice. I started learning on Java last year, but I definitely enjoy JavaScript more. While coding is a very small part of my major, it's definitely one of my favorite parts.

I don't think I could do it professionally, but I'm excited to keep learning. =)

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

It's such a good feeling to see something you wrote come to life =)

• 33 months ago
  • 3 points

tennis

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

What racket do you have?

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

Gamma CP900 Team and a Head racket of some sort that i dont use much

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Gamma CP900 Team and a Head racket of some sort that i dont use much

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Nice

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah ive used it for a while now and its probably due for an upgrade, but...

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

I mean if it suits you well, then...

I have the Babolat AeroPro Drive, and it may be old, but it matches my playing style.

• 33 months ago
  • 3 points

There's an "outside" world...?

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

I work on, build, and race cars as my primary hobby outside of computers.

I also play several instruments, namely guitar.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

I also used to be a sponsored (local skate shop) skateboarder back in HS and early college, but i stopped doing that so much and now i'm just the "older guy" at my local skate park when i make it out once a month or so.

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

Mainly guitars. Unfortunately that hobby is way more expensive than computers ever will be. I've started watching more reviews and videos over the past year and that's opened up a whole new world of fancy and boutique pedals, amps, and guitars.

I also really enjoy shooting, building and working on guns, fishing, going to the gym, swimming, running, MMA, and random debauchery with my bros.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Tell me about it...lol

I'm getting into different types of tube amps and pedals (most recent purchase a Hughes and Kettner...eyeing some Strymon pedals as well), so the cost of everything I've been getting into has shot up.

New PRS is still on the horizon though ;-)

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

Gaming, writing, fashion. Computer hardware and clothes are enough to make any man broke. Good thing I'm not into cars or I would have to forgo basically every hobby I have just to not buy stupid crap I don't need.

Between games and computer hardware alone I'm not exactly okay with how much I've spent. Add in wardrobe and I become upset with myself.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Hobbies are expensive. It's the curse of life.

What are you into writing?

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah... they are. You would be surprised how much a shirt can cost though lol.

I like to write shorter fiction stories. I lack the attention span to go with anything longer than a novelette... or finish most of what I write. The one that got the most attention from me so far is a short story inspired by Dagon by Lovecraft and Silent Hill in general. It is also the first one I wrote. I only just started recently after a friend suggested I write after I spent a few weeks designing a DnD campaign since I enjoyed it so much.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Nice man! I wrote a bit in high school and loved it. I also lacked the attention span to write more than. Just a short story. I think the longest story I wrote was about 30 pages. I haven't written anything in probably four years, though. =(

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

That's still longer than my first story ha ha. Although its purpose was supposed to be short and to the point, similar to Dagon although mine is a bit longer. I tried doing National Novel Writing Month but I couldn't sit down and write for more than an hour at a time and I needed around 2 or 3 to get the word count I needed per day to write a novel in a month. I also was a bit dissatisfied because I needed to fluff out the writing to absurd degrees just to meet the word count and I hated how it was turning out.

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

I enjoy badminton and going out for some social drinking events!

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

I do art _^ I've actually begun the process of starting up my own Design Company for Web, Graphic and Illustrative Design/Animation.

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

Eatting

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

You got downvoted, idk why but have a +1

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

I like to fish, but haven't had time lately, and I fish from a kayak in salt. Also like playing golf - and sometimes cook when I have time - working 40hrs and taking care of other life things - wife ends up cooking most times. Also doing some software projects.

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

I like to play a various amount of sports, mainly basketball and football. I watch both of them too! Go Bucks and Packers!

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

Photography, Hiking, Canoeing, and I've just started biking again just for the exercise.

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

I play golf, starting to get back into it after not playing for 2 years. I used to be a low single digit handicap, so I'd like to get back to at least that by the end of summer.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Just off topic, I noticed some downvote troll went through and downvoted all these comments

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

Maybe that's their hobby

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

lol good idea

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

Tennis, Casual Swimming, Woodworking/Craftsman Work, Fixing, going out for a drink or event, travelling, biking, hiking, early morning running, eating out, scuba diving, Gardening

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

go-karting, watching F1, marching with the drumline (snare as a highschool freshman), going to car shows, mountain biking, solving rubik's cubes, playing with my cat, sleeping, running sound on my school's tech crew, learning new drum music, watching informational youtube videos about random things, etc, etc. also track.

TL;DR

music, games and outside.

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

I like to research very obscure video formats like VHD.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Gaming.

I also enjoy exercising every now and then.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

I like airsoft, swimming, gaming, and 3D design.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

I never expected this thread to blow up like this! Wow! Lol thanks

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPP is a wonderfu and weird place

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Coding / Riding my bike / drawing / baseball/ yeah airsoft (when my friends are around and I have the time) / building &or tinkering with things (I just started building an ethernet cable as a side project)

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Stage lighting, audio mixing, world domination

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

One of these is not like the others...

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

I know lighting isn't like sound

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Of course that's what it was....

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Football, aviation, and cars.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Swimming, Water Polo, Super Smash Bros, service projects, and making electronic music

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Interesting concept. What it there was a machine to oxygenate the blood - like an IV device - would the body still be compelled to breath?

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 33 months ago
  • 1 point

What keeb?

[comment deleted]
  • 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Very nice choices!

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh ****, you sail? Lasers?

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Very nice, I'm a fan of slightly larger boats so Catalina 14.2s are my thing, do you race competitively?

[comment deleted]
  • 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Your whole life? You've been here a week.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Do /s next time. It means sarcasm. internet talk.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I just noticed that, upvoted em all to keep the homeostasis

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube