add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Ryzen 1500x overheating?

supersimon2

32 months ago

Finished a build today and when I powered the pc up and went to the bios, It said 1.438v at stock. This doesn't seem normal and the temp was reading 46c. I am using the stock cooler and an asus b350m /csm. Don't know is the cooler is on all the way or not. Any help?

http://imgur.com/a/p7pGw

Edit Solved: Switched the voltage from auto to offset mode and set the voltage 1.3 and the all cores to 3.7ghz. Idles at 25c with the stock cooler and stayed below 50c when running aida 64. Hurray :)

Comments

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

try updating the bios

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 32 months ago
  • 1 point

I think so, the vddcr voltage is set to 1.267. Maybe its just monitoring wrong. Gonna boot into windows soon and check using other programs to make sure.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube