add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Racer2k5x
  • 33 months ago

With the new CPUs reaching up to 18, cores and 36, threads, the mother boards only supporting 64 gb of ram there's only one question. Why? Games won't come near using anywhere near that CPUs potential. Viedo editing and 3d rendering will be ripped apart by a 4ghz 18core 36 threads processor. Why would you spend 2000+ dollars on this when the current i7 handles anything you throw at it? Even for the enthusiastic computer savvy I don't see the point of this.

Comments

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

With the new CPUs reaching up to 18, cores and 36, threads

We already have 22 core Xeon's that can be put up to 2, 4, or even more on a board. This is just the first time that it will be a non Xeon CPU/i7 that will have this many cores

the mother boards only supporting 64 gb of ram there's only one question.

There are boards that support way more than 64GB of RAM.

Games won't come near using anywhere near that CPUs potential.

They aren't being geared/marketed towards gaming. It would be silly to even to try to justify a 36 thread CPU for gaming.

Viedo editing and 3d rendering will be ripped apart by a 4ghz 18core 36 threads processor.

There is literally no such thing as too much power when it comes to professional usage since time is money and we are moving on to 8K media on top of it all.

Why would you spend 2000+ dollars on this when the current i7 handles anything you throw at it?

To do it much much faster.

Even for the enthusiastic computer savvy I don't see the point of this.

Enthusiasts aren't going to be the target of a 2K CPU, they will be targeting professionals.

[comment deleted by staff]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube