add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Mouse randomly freezes.

ProfessorPug
  • 33 months ago

Well, I was playing Skyrim the other day and after I entered Drelas' Cottage my mouse seemed to freeze. After restarting the game, computer, updating drivers, etc. I found that nothing seems to have worked and the problem now persists AFTER the game has been closed. I could be moving my mouse around a webpage and it will freeze for 2-10 seconds and I can't do anything. I can use other mouse functions such as scroll wheel, clicking, but I can't move the mouse itself.

Mouse: Razer Mamba TE

Options I have tried: Restarting computer, updating drivers, updating Razer Synapse, different mousing surface, different USB ports.

Anything at all will help!

Comments

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

I was going to suggest a different USB port, but I see that you've already tried that. Given everything that you've tried, I think it's safe to assume it's just a bad mouse. Not saying that the Razer Mamba TEs are ALL bad, but you know what they say - there's always a few bad eggs.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, that what I assumed but I have to wait 2-3 days for a "Tech Support Email" to be able to return it. I've had the mouse for a little over 8 months now

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

That's a shame. Do you have another mouse to hold you off? Actually, it would be good to know if you had the same issue with another mouse. If you don't, then you can really assume that the Razer is bad. However, if both mice have the same issues, then it actually doesn't sound like the Razer is the problem.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

I have a spare wireless mouse but I lost the dongle so, eh

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Might be worth it to make a trip to Walmart (or whatever store you have nearby that sells mice) and just buy a cheapo mouse. Obviously keep the receipt and packaging so that you can take it back. Or just keep it as a backup.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Go into Control Panel > System and Security > Power Options > Edit Plan Settings

Then click on Change advanced power settings.

Make sure you're set to the High Performance power plan.

Click USB Settings > USB Selective suspend setting > Make sure everything in that tab is disabled > hit Apply

If this doesn't work, you probably do have a problem with your mouse.

Good luck, hope you're able to get it to work!

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

I had a similar issue for a long time with Razer Synapse . Kill various razer software services in task manager and see if it's caused by software.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube