add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Upgrade or not?

doggybear

31 months ago

Does switching from i3-4150 to G4560 an upgrade or not?

Comments

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

It would provide a small increase in performance. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNAJ8xS_ktE If you want to Upgrade, I would get a ryzen 5.

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

I heard about it also but is it worth it for the price??

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

I think it is worth it for the price compared to an i5 just because of the extra cores. Looking at your part list though(correct me if i'm wrong) shows that you have a r9 270x . You might have to upgrade your gpu depending on your needs.

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

Yup that's my current GPU. Should I also upgrade it? RX 470?

(sorry as the price on my build I indicated is in Philippine Peso and did not got the time to convert it)

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

I would upgrade your gpu first. I don't know about the availability of amd rx cards in the Philippines, but they are sold out currently in the us. I would get a cheap gtx 1050 ti, saving money, and then use it with your i3 until you have enough money to do a ryzen 5 upgrade.

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

as of now I can still find some rx 470 and rx 480 on stores here in the philippines. Is it still advisable to go for a 1050TI?

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 31 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

Its an improvement but how big will depend on what you are using your PC for and what parts (specially GPU if its gaming) you are using.

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm just using it for casual gaming. NBA 2k17, GTA V etc. My current GPU is an R9 270X

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

Doubt the CPU is your problem if your having problems.

Did you check hardware monitor to see if any parts are running at 100%?

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

hmmm are there any tutorial so I can double check?

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

On your apparently tight budget, I'd wait to see pricing on Ryzen 3 before any cpu upgrades. It's only a few months away. As far as gpu is concerned, it's almost impossible to buy a 470, 480, 570, or 580 at list price right now. The crypto currency guys are buying all of them up & creating a supply shortage. At that price point, the 1060 is really the only game in town, which is a perfectly good card as well.

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

what specific 1060 would you suggest?

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

The 6gb 1060 is actually faster than the 3gb, unlike the AMD's which have identical processors. That said, decide how much memory you want & what type of cooler you want. Then buy the one you like the looks of that fits your budget. The performance difference between any 2 cards in the same family won't be noticeable in real life, benchmarks be damned.

• 31 months ago
  • 2 points

Thanks for that advice

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

It more of a side step with a small increase in performance. I would get a new GPU 1st up. See how that goes and if your not happy with the performance, save up a little more and get the i5 or Ryzen 3/5.

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

what GPU would you suggest?

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

If your on a budget. Try for something like an Rx 570 4gb or 1060 6gb, if your not able to afford it i suggest saving up till you can as it would be a worthwhile upgrade.

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

Nice. Thanks for the advice

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

AMD FX 8350 Black GTX 1070 16g Corsair Vengeance ddr3 ram Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 mobo Corsair H100i v2 cooler 850 gold Evga g3 power supply

Would like to upgarde my fx8350 what is my best option? (not wanting to spend to much money) I use this pc to play games mostly I just want more of my games running at 60 fps.(on max settings for new games i get around 40 fps)

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

There isn't an upgrade option for you on that platform. If you've already overclocked, there isn't anything you can do (besides getting a 9590 for a very small boost in performance at the cost of increasing your power bill). Short of changing out the CPU and Mobo (with Intel if you want to keep the DDR3), you're stuck.

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, Guess Im going to wait tell I can build a new ryzen Pc.

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

so I just need to upgrade the GPU?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube