add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

GPU prices right now are ridiculously high

Racer2k5x

32 months ago

I was browsing on Newegg yesterday and noticed 1070s were listed for $600-900 and any sub $500 1070 was sold out. So I got curious. A GTX 1080 msi... $1200. The GPU market right now is absolutely ment

Comments

• 32 months ago
  • 4 points

Yep, and we (or at least, I) have no idea when they'll be back to normal. Hopefully the Vega cards will be amazing at ethereum mining so us gamers won't be screwed by it.

• 32 months ago
  • 3 points

Board partners are developing dedicated mining cards

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

Eh won't do anything to make a dent in this crisis, both AMD and Nvidia do not want to bank on the fragility of the Cryptocurrency like Ethereum. People right now are burning money on the dreams of free cash trying to compete with guy's who literally have entire server halls dedicated to mine.

• 32 months ago
  • 3 points

But yeah. If miners would stop buying all the stock immediately and wait for board manufacturers to get a decent stock made up for both the gaming and mining cards this whole $h-t storm of a market would some what clear up. We would still have amd making Intel panicking which I find absolutely hilarious but that's to be expected, they haven't had any competition in a very long time and now the pressure is on them hard.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

Well any currency is fragile. Just with conventional currency at least in the USA people have the fdic to back them up if the bank screws up and loses their money. Crypto currency doesn't have any sort of insurance which I think should be changed with the growing popularity of it. With over 17 million bitcoins in private hands that's a crap ton of money to lose if bc crashes again.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 32 months ago
  • 2 points

I was thinking the exact same thing. It's my first build too and I already have all the parts except the GPU. I guess we'll have to wait it out or suck it up.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube