add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Overclocking RX 580 4GB Issues

winona78

30 months ago

Fairly new to PC's but I am following tutorials on how to overclock the RX 580 using MSI Afterburner. My biggest goal is to run near 40FPS on the Witcher 3 with 3) 27" 1080P monitors. My game will flatline at 60FPS Ultra settings with the single monitor, but when I use all 3, it is roughly 28-30 FPS. I have been trying to overclock the RX 580 and testing it with the Heaven benchmark. No matter what settings I change, there is absolutely no FPS change.

Any ideas as to why this might be?

Comments

• 30 months ago
  • 2 points

sell the 580. You can get a LOAD of money for it rn. Then use that money to buy a 1080

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, you are almost asking your card to render 4K resolution and the 580 is not the card for this.

The 580 is a solid 1080 and 1440p card so might be able to use 2 monitors but you will need to upgrade your GPU but a big boost to properly reach a stable 60fps at 1080p unless you drastically reduce the visual quality.

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the feedback from both of you. Originally, I planned on the one monitor but 1.5 months later I couldn't help but purchase the other two.

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

Also, the RX-580 is mostly a overclocked RX-480. You wont get much out of manualy overclocking that card anymore then the settings you bought.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube