add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Im a newbie PC builder and need opinions on my build please

KeesT

30 months ago

I am thinking of building a PC to save some money, and get some satisfaction from building my own PC. I am from New Zealand and although there are very little retailers selling PC parts, I was thinking the majority of my PC parts could be sourced from the US. (Should I risk shipping to NZ from a place I know practically nothing about and their websites in the US).

I know pretty much nothing about building a PC or computers in general for that matter, but I have done hours of research (mostly from Bitwit) and have tried to familiarise myself with what PC parts do what. I would really appreciate it if someone who knew what they were doing were to review and share any opinions on what I should change and why. My budget is around $1200(NZ) to $1800(NZ) or $900(US) to $1400(US).

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/KeesT/saved/#view=m2DD3C

[I would strictly prefer no one sided opinions on manufacturers (what I mean is no fanboys please)]

Thanks

Comments

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

The R5-1600 is a better buy here. You don't really need the aftermarket cooler. Put in the GPU since prices are so high.

[comment deleted]
  • 30 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for the support, appreciate it. I based my CPU off of high popularity of intel CPU's. I have heard quite a bit about Ryzen, but what exactly makes an AMD Ryzen, better than an intel i5. Just asking for justification purposes, as I am not too familiar with the differences.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube