add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New Ryzen build thoughts?

MySpecialBrand

30 months ago

My last computer build was back in 2011 and I'm looking to upgrade. I've put together a Ryzen build and I'm a little uncertain about how solid it is. I'm mostly worried about the new motherboards not working correctly. I already own a GTX 1060 6gb so that isn't included in the budget. Originally I was going to go with the 1600x and buy and after market cooler, but realized it's actually cheaper to buy the 1700 because it comes with a stock cooler. Would love to hear what you guys think... What should I keep or change out?

Thanks!

• Budget: $900
  • Use (gaming, rendering, Photoshop, streaming etc):
  • Peripherals required: None
  • Operating System required: Windows 10

Parts List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nhPg7h

Comments

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

Good build. Research your mother board bios.

The stock cooler should be fine unless your good for a 4.0GHZ area OC.

• 30 months ago
  • 0 points

I don't know if the AB series has the option to overclock your CPU - maybe go with B350 for the sake of future-proofing? Or maybe even X370?

[comment deleted]
  • 30 months ago
  • 1 point

So how exactly do you compare AMD's Motherboards with Intel's?

There's B250, H270, and Z270. So AMD has AB350, B350, and X370?

[comment deleted]
  • 30 months ago
  • 1 point

Mmm... so that's why the B350 is the best bang for the buck?

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube