add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Tankereasy

21 months ago

Wanting some opinions on the motherboard I've selected. My only hang up on the Strix is the difficulty with getting the drivers right on it, or so I've read. If there's no other real benefits of changing to something else that's cool, just wanting second opinions. Thanks guys!

~BUILD~~~ https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Tankereasy/saved/xWc6hM

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I've changed more than the motherboard. Take a look.

I wouldnt get intels 7th gen, just because ryzen smacks it to the ground.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor $197.43 @ OutletPC
Motherboard MSI - B350 PC MATE ATX AM4 Motherboard $83.98 @ Newegg
Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $147.88 @ OutletPC
Storage Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $89.99 @ B&H
Storage Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $66.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB SC Black Edition Video Card $724.99 @ SuperBiiz
Case Corsair - Carbide 400C ATX Mid Tower Case $79.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply EVGA - SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $98.89 @ OutletPC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1530.04
Mail-in rebates -$40.00
Total $1490.04
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-08-28 08:16 EDT-0400
  • 21 months ago
  • 1 point

ehhh that wont work well for me as I've already purchased most of what's on my list, the only components that I haven't bought yet is the mother board, CPU, GPU, and ram. thanks for the input though, and im open to running a AMD, but don't really want to go to a 1080ti, do you have any input on that?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Why no 1080ti? It's one of the best cards on the market for gaming. And, as you can see, it fits in the budget. I don't know at what resolution you're going to play. But the only time when it cant provide 60fps is 4k on medium/high.

You'll be able to game on it for years to come on 1080p.

The only thing you have to consider is the performance gain for $200.

I do recommend getting AMD ryzen, and if you really want intel, wait for coffee lake.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

the previous list you sent, is that the Ryzen and motherboard setup you'd go with?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, originally it'd be ASRock, but I heard their faulty motherboards suddenly increased in the past few weeks so I won't recommend any of those until further clarification.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube