add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What ram is best for Z270 gaming carbon pro and i7-7700k??

Tankereasy

22 months ago

I cant decide what ram to get or what would be the best option to go with. Wanting to run 16g's of DDR4-3200, I was eye balling some G-skill Trident Z (none RGB) but it says its for the z170 chip set?? any advice is appreciated!

Comments

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

If you dont have the Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon yet, I would suggest changing to another model.

The Z270 version of this motherboard was using a single solid block of aluminium to cool its VRM and it is great to absorb the heat but it has very limited fin array to release that heat, causing the board to run much hotter than other similarly priced and heat can affect your performance in the end as well.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah I already have the pro carbon, ill have a lot of fans so hopefully I can keep enough air flow to keep things somewhat cool

[comment deleted]
  • 21 months ago
  • 1 point

there's literally no difference? I say that because I really don't know lol

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube