add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best ram for MSI Z270 gaming pro carbon paired with an i7-7700K and a GTX 1080??

Tankereasy

26 months ago

Like the title says, looking to run DDR4-3200 (unless someone can give me a better option). thanks for any advice! I've been looking at G-Skill Trident Z, but im unsure how well it meshes with the Z270 chip set.

Comments

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Either that or corsair vengeance.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

It "meshes" just fine! RAM has very little difference when considering how well it pairs with chipsets. So little, in fact, you will not notice it when running applications, and only in benchmarks will you possibly notice a 1-3% difference in speed due to the chipset... Long story short - go with what RAM performs better;

And, your eye is on the prize - Go with the G-Skill Trident Z, make sure its CAS latency is 14 (that 14-14-14-34 is the good stuff) - That will guarantee you're getting the fastest. I Have also seen Team Dark RAM for cheaper, and its CAS may be better (14-14-14-31), so that may be worth looking at.

• 26 months ago
  • 0 points

trident z rgb 16gb 2x8gb ddr4-3200 no corsair

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube