add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Ryzen 5 1600X vs Coffee Lake?

Mindmixer
  • 32 months ago

Just what the title says. I planned a build with the Ryzen, but should I switch to Coffee Lake?
Prefer to keep the same price for Motherboard and CPU together (the Ryzen and B350-F is ~ 305).

Comments

• 32 months ago
  • 2 points

If you're price sensitive, I'd wait for AMD's "response" to Coffee Lake. (I expect either price cuts or the inclusion of WRAITH MAX coolers on higher end X series chips like the 1600X).

If they were to throw in a Wraith MAX with the 1600X for its current price, I'd say the 1600X would hold a strong value proposition over coffee lake alternatives for many buyers.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

watch a couple videos on it. Coffeelake look promising

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

On newegg it looks like the i5 8600k is $260 and the cheapest mobo is $120, $380 total. I'd say for the jump in single core performance it might be worth it. In order to meet your budget you might have to go down to the i5 8400.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

Honestly, I have 0 ****s to give about which is better. Just get whichever is cheaper. You're arguing over tiny percentiles difference that you'll never notice.

That's something annoying to me. Way back when, when the CPU wars were in full swing, there were DRAMATIC changes every 2 years. Well over 50-60+% improvements. The past 7 years, we've been making do with incremental improvements of less than 10% improvements making upgrading unnecessary. Screw that. Innovate for a good price or lose market share.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

depends if your wanting to game/stream and also be at high refresh rate . these cpu's are pretty close to proformance so the only thing that is stopping people is the motherboard changes every refresh

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

I would go with Coffee lake. They almost out Preform 1700X

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

I think he said he wanted to stick around the same price range around 305. Coffee lake will (at least at this time) exceed his budget. Honestly both perform quite similar. The AM4 platform will most likely be around longer as intel seems to change every year or so (8 months for the last round).

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube