add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Tankereasy

20 months ago

Finally got my build finished up this weekend, it is fully functional, aside form the fact I cant seem to get any audio out of either ports for my sound card, or the ports from the MOB, but I can get sound from the case ports that are by the power button. At a bit of a loss at the moment because I don't know what to do to trouble shoot this or what I need to do to make sure the sound card is producing the sound, and not the MOB.

MOB: MSI - Z270 GAMING PRO CARBON ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

sound card: Creative Labs - Sound Blaster Audigy Rx 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card

If anyone can help its much appreciated

Comments

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

If applicable, disable onboard audio.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

still doesn't explain why I can get audio out of the case ports, but no sound from either the MOB or sound card ports, any ideas on that?

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 20 months ago
  • 1 point

the card appears to be fully inserted in the PCI slot, and I installed the drivers that came on the disc with it, I haven't went to their website yet to see if there is a more up to date driver yet, that was going to be my next step.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 20 months ago
  • 1 point

yes, I had my head phones plugged in to the sound card, made sure it was the default, and the sound was breaking up, and seemed rather weak. plugged the head phones into the MOB jacks and swapped default and got no sound at all, moved the head phone jacks to the case ports and I have decent quality sound coming out, but that's it. im at work at the moment so I wont be able to ,mess with anything until I get home

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube