add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

i3-7100 with 1060 3GB or Ryzen 1500X with 1050ti

TheIbbyTron

20 months ago

Hi I was wondering whether it would be better for me to get the I3-7100 with a 1060 3GB or a 1500X with a 1050ti. Both are within my leave range and I am only wondering these two options. Thank you

Comments

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Depends on what you plan on doing with the system. I would go with the 1500X. The 1500x has 4 physical cores compared to 2 of the 7100. The 1500x has 8 threads compared to the 4 of the 7100. Both have very similar single threaded performance. If you plan on running current games, some seem to take better advantage of physical cores over virtual cores.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Honestly I would go with the i3-7100. I know everybody is going crazy over Ryzen, but I have an i3-6100 (same tier, just a generation older) and let me tell you it runs absolutely fantastically. I can run Battlefield 1 on high with 60 FPS with an R9 380 4Gb, which has less Vram and 2+ years older than the 1060. I know there are no new CPUs coming from LGA1151, but in the situation described (friend's too lazy to build it himself) he proabably won't need to upgrade. And if he does it's not like Skylake or Kaby Lake chips are completely useless, they have some great CPU upgrades that will be more than enough for games for years to come.

[comment deleted]
  • 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm buying pre built since I dont have the time or energy to build a PC. It is from Scan

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Buying pre built cause no time or energy from Scan. So only these two :)

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm sorry but it's not actually myself building the system and the person who I'm searching for is too lazy to do so. Please forgive me but I am seriously only looking for which one is better

• 20 months ago
  • 2 points

Build it yourself and charge him the difference ;)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube