add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Z270-E vs Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

TheIbbyTron

20 months ago

Which one of these is better? I have chosen these two because they are ASUS which I like and have wifi built in. I found the Maximus for £20 cheaper the the Z270-E but was wondering whether which one is better.

Comments

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Having a scroll through both product pages, both are kind of (not exactly) the same.

The Maximus however seems to edge forward as it seems to look better, with more AURA SYNC lighting areas. It also comes bundled with some free software. The onboard wifi is the same as the Z270-E. It does seem, however, more suited to gamers.

Here is the problem. If you are using a Kaby Lake Processor (e.g 7700K or something that starts with a 7) - you will need to update the BIOS on the Maximus first before you are able to use it as it is a Z170 board, otherwise it will only work with processors beginning with a 6 (e.g 6700K). The Z270-E will not require this as it has a Z270 chip. I'm not sure how you do this without booting the PC, and for that to work you need the processor. There may be a few guides online.

Similarities between both:

• Have same wifi
  • Both support up to 64gb of 3866mhz ram
  • Both support SLI
  • Both support Cbluetoot/Crossfire X
  • Both have bluetooth

Conclusion:

If you are going to use a 6th series processor, go for the Maximus. If you are going to use a 7th series processor, go for the Z270-E.

I hope I helped you. If you require anymore assistance, please reply to my comment and I shall be happy to help.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

There was a lag spike when sending this. I meant Crossfire not Cbluetoot

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube