add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PCIe wifi-bluetooth-lan-etc. etc. etc. Which and why (and how much $ for it)?!

C1P8
  • 28 months ago

As on topic, I'd like to add some antenna to my desktop pc, since my mobo (Gigabyte AB350 Gaming) has none.

tired on using a long cable running through the room, I'd like to:

• Connect to mi wi-fi at best possible speed and w/out worring too much about the distance from the access point
  • easily send and receive pics (and other stuff) from my phone w/out using a cable
  • link wireless keyboard and a mouse w/out using an usb port (via bluetooth, I assume)
  • gain the other benefits I don't even know about

This is a field I know nothing of, so I'm here to receive your guidance and advice, if possible.

Thanks a lot for reading up to here, and for any answer.

Comments

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't have any recommendations because I go wired for everything, but I will say that you need to make sure your router can support the wireless speeds you're hoping to get. Not only the speeds, but also the range.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, if your concerned about Bluetooth, if your mobo doesn't have an integrated chip your going to have to buy one. Do some research though, you might just be able to nick a chip from an old laptop lying around. As for wifi, just go to your local best buy and buy a USB WiFi adapter. I tried using the antenna method with the mother board and had extreme difficulty with it.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

What difficulties?

Anyway I'm tring to save usb ports that's why I want the pcie ^'

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 28 months ago
  • 1 point

thank you! I will try it!

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks a lot ^

do you know how many bluetooth devices it can handle at once?

or, put it the simple way: why not a more expensive one? (of course I'm glad to save my money coz I don't have too many XD )

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 28 months ago
  • 1 point

that's great ^' again, thank you!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube