add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Looking for Headphone Replacement Options

winona78

28 months ago

Hi Guys,

To make a long story short, I have the Astro A40's. I bought the mixamp as a solution to the poor sound quality from the mobo, but it really didn't help out much. I have a strong preference to sound quality, whether that is from a $50 headset up to $300. The A40's just do not cut it at all (my original $30 headphones I bought when I built my PC was almost comparable). I do have a sound card that has substantially helped since I can adjust the EQ levels.

From what you have used in the past, were there any brands/headsets that have far stood out on sound quality?

Thanks!

*Edit: Anyone try/have the Sennheiser Game One headset?

Comments

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Slkipp, thank you for all the suggestions. Doing my research right now on them all.

I have the Xonar DB sound card.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Once again, I appreciate the feedback. Since I have a little mic that mounts to my monitor, and I preferred to have headphones without a mic, I went with the HD598. Thanks!

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube