add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Recording software

Kharismen

27 months ago

I’ve tried obs shadowplay and others but just don’t like any of them. I want to record games like Minecraft Skyrim pubg and many more but can’t find the right software I’m trying to record 60 FPS 1080p. Thank you

Comments

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Windows Game Mode has easy to configure settings for 60fps at I think 1080p. Activate it with Win+G.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I’ve tried that but it’s super buggy and doesn’t load this vids

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok. I'm not sure then.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Wait - I think Twitch has a built-in streamer.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

I don’t plan on streaming right now just recording

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't know. Sorry!

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

That’s ok neither do I

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

What do you mean, "doesn’t load this vids."

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

I meant the videos wouldn’t properly load they came out as black screens

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

It sounds like you have a setting incorrectly configured. Are you on AMD or NVidia?

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

I’m on Nvidia 1050ti

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Bandicam? XSplit? Why didn't you like OBS?

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

I sat with obs for hours trying to find right settings watching video stream on how to and it never worked as well as I would have liked

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Find a tutorial on YouTube :P

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Action! Fraps, Bandicam

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Some have said fraps is out of date but idk if that’s true I was interested in it

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Fraps is still a good software for benchmarking. There are better alternatives for its recording part though such as Shadowplay (For Nvidia GPUs) and OBS (complicated)

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I’ve heard about dxtory, D3DGear, action, and play claw but don’t know which is the best to choose

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

OBS or shadowplay are the best

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

I’ve tried both but I’ve also tried fraps and liked the quality/ frames but some people say it’s outdated and dead

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

If you have an NVIDIA card, their GeForce Experience thing has a built-in game capture facility called ShadowPlay. Worked pretty well for me (before I stopped installing GeForce Experience).

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

I do have Gtx graphics card but I don’t like using the fly because the game quality isn’t as good since your also recording

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

I’m trying to record 60 FPS 1080p

IF your hardware does not allow you to hit 60 fps, then it is not the software

are you taking advantage of your CPU and/or GPU for your recording mode?

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

I do believe if I use the right software with the right settings I can maintain 60fps 1080p and I did try to take advantage of cpu mildly in obs but didn’t know too much of what I was doing just watching videos and such.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

obs was laggy for me too

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I’ve tried it several times and never get anything good.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

If you don't end up using another software other than the Windows Game bar you will probably want to disable it so it doesn't take up background resources.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Good idea it does get very annoying.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Your best bet is Shadowplay, it's the easiest to use. If your in game FPS is dropping while recording then none of these programs will probably be for you since video encoding programs will always use some system resources. The performance hit with Shadowplay is fairly small so you should be able to make up for it by just turning your graphics settings down some. Otherwise your only other option is to buy and external capture card, and they run somewhere around the region of 60 bucks.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

I think my hardware can meet the requirements but I just don’t know the right settings or software to use I’m willing to spend some money on a software

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

What is your hardware?

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Ryzen 1600x 16 gb 2133mz but should be 3200 Roy strix gtx 1050ti

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

You do not need to buy anything, shadowplay is a really good program and very simple to use. Just watch any tutorial for it and it should give you a good overview of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTsJ5XoNxBs

You do not need to download anything, if you installed the nvidia drivers for your card you already have shadowplay. At most you will need to go into your geforce experience app and go to settings>General and activate in game overlay. Once it's on you can just set it to medium and use ALT+F9 for recording start/stop and ALT+F10 for instant replay (capture last 5 minutes of your game).

With a couple minutes of fiddling you should be able to figure everything out.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Geforce Experience.........basic setting

1-Launch GeForce Experience

2-Click on RECORD

3-click on HIGH (uses your in-game resolution)

4-click on 60 FPS, other option is 30

5-click on SAVE

.......done

You got to just try out the basic settings in GeForce. Now you know. Let the software worry about the your questionable details for recording. It is not that hard. You can do basic tweaking later if you need it.

Software = FREE

My advice = FREE

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

You could try Camtasia's recording feature.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

cost more then his system

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube