add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Automotive painted case

Wi1dCard
  • 28 months ago

My next pc is to be based on modern sports and luxury cars, and I'd like to have my case panels painted a nice metallic white to fit the theme. Not sure how to accomplish this though, would it be too expensive to get it done at an auto body shop? (if they would even do it) or is there some guy I can contact to get this done for me? I don't want to have to buy all the equipment because I doubt I'll use it again.

Comments

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Nice gloss finish but not really my desired aesthetic. I want a metallic look but I don't think rattle cans can come close to looking like authentic car paint.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't see any reason you couldn't achieve the desired effect with spray cans. You can get custom filled spray cans to match almost any factory finish, even multi layer colors. A well applied and hand finished paint job should come out better than most OEM finishes.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

A professional paint job isn't going to be cheap, but you get what you pay for. I have no idea what someone would charge for a pc case, but I would guess at least a couple hundred dollars for really good work. An auto paint shop or machine shop that does paint is probably your best bet if you don't want to use a rattle can.

If you want to send it to someone who is more specialized for your needs, check out ModMyMods, they offer powder coating services. https://modmymods.com/custom-services.html

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Hm, I have no problem allocating about $200/$300 on a complete paint job but a powder coat isn't exactly what I'm looking for. Guess I could take it to some local places and see what they'll do.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd just start shopping auto body shops.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't see why wouldn't a body shop do it.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah I just imagine the awkward exchange "hey could you like paint a computer for me? No like the same way you paint a car."

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah they will probably look at you like wtf but they will do it as long as you are willing to pay for it.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

I would say "Hey, I have a computer case that I would like to have painted just like a car. You know, same paint and all. You able to do that?"

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

An autobody shop wouldn't charge too much since it's such a small area and they don't have to match paint colors.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah that's what I would assume too. I want to ask them, but I don't have the stuff I want painted right now so I guess I'll wait.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube