add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Dac/Amp?

Wi1dCard
  • 28 months ago

I really am clueless when it comes to audio. All I know is that the AT-50x's sound great and can be modded to be open back (plus Dbrand support). I'm not sure what other audio devices I would need to make the most use of these headphones. I'll be using them mostly for gaming but I'm also learning video and audio editing that I will soon use this setup for as well. This will be part of our full media room setup and so far I have planned out $6200/$10000 allocated for the renovation. I'm not saying go ham with the rest of my available money, but this is how much I have to spare and I don't know how much I should be spending on good audio equipment.

Comments

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks like the strix z370-e has the S1220a codec.

That fiio you suggested looks pretty compact, and the price is pretty compelling. What would a popular option over 100 be? I've heard of schiit being a fairly premium option.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah ok then. Thanks for the advice!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube