add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

More price hikes

Captaincow285
  • 26 months ago

So.... Read the article.

http://www.pcgamer.com/graphics-card-prices-may-shoot-up-again-due-to-bitcoins-spike/

Yes, the article does recognise that you do not mine Bitcoin with GPUs. It talks of other factors.

Comments

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for that last part. You saved me from the trouble of embarrassing myself by complaining that Bitcoin prices are separate from GPU mining without actually reading that the article doesn’t just talk about bitcoin.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

I realized that 5 secomds after I posted, so I edited.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

I hope they don't was planing on getting a 1070 soon, i have seen mining profits increase, i went from making $1.10ish to $2+ a day on my 970 when i was not using it.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

trying to buy a strix oc 1080ti and its $998....

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow r.i.p!

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

I did get my GTX 1060 6GB for $260, only $10 over MSRP. Lets just hope they, or any GPU at all, don’t increase to $100 over MSRP. Or, just don’t mine for Bitcoin, or do it with older GPUs a small amount of people will buy. I don’t know what to say by this point.

Anyways, a dedicated mining machine for $1000 with a special CPU (which these exist) will do much better.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

They are called ASICs.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube