add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

MSI Z370 GAMING Pro Carbon

Bahamut5098
  • 25 months ago

EDIT: Sorry, X370.

Hey, so I'm getting the MSI X370 Pro Carbon MOBO with a RYZEN 1600, and was planning on using Vengeance RAM. Should I flash the BIOS? I just purchased it online today. I've provided my parts list if that helps: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Bahamut5098/saved/y7yQVn

Comments

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

You should upgrade the bios, but there is no guarantee that those 2 kit of 16GB ram modules (2x8GB) will operate at that speed.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm not a stickler for speeds and will probably never OC, just as long as it works.

• 25 months ago
  • 2 points

Oh! they will work.

It could be anything starting from 2133Mhz and up.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Out of the box, the MOBO and the system seem to be running fine without any BIOS updates.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh that's fine then.

Have you tried to change the DRAM frequency to match the frequency of your ram modules?

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

No real burning desire to but I could, I suppose.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you mean X370? Z370 is for intel chips

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, X370.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 25 months ago
  • 1 point

X370, sorry.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube