add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair or Razer

DevReds

23 months ago

I'm building my first pc and was wondering if I should go for corsair or razer for the peripherals.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/WP6scY

Comments

• 23 months ago
  • 4 points

None, don't choose by brand. You are not doing yourself any favors by limiting yourself to a single brand.

• 22 months ago
  • 3 points

Go with Logitech mice and Corsair or Gskill keyboards. But do the research and read the reviews before u buy anything.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

please don't limit yourself to a single brand for all your peripherals or just to match. I know it may look nice but it's really not worth it. Corsair makes decent keyboards while razer can only make decent mousepads. Logitech, steelseries, and zowie all make really good mice which are worth your time to look at. This is one of your best sources for peripheral reviews http://www.rocketjumpninja.com/

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree that on the fact that Razer makes mediocre mousepads. The side I used to put my mouse on my Razer Vespula, it bubbled up right smack in the middle, and I don’t even think it was through one year.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah their mousepads are probably the best thing about razer, and that's saying a lot since their mousepads are pretty ****** compared to literally any other company

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 23 months ago
  • 0 points

because the entire company is bad, but their mousepads are the best out of all of their bad products

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd say even this is dangerously close to "shopping by brand." Don't do that. Razer has some nice mice. They have some crappy ones. All companies are subject to hit and miss products. Unless you want to get burnt, do as you suggested and review the specific product.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

it's not a problem with razer mice, it's mainly a problem with quality and software. I believe that the deathadder shape is one of the best shapes of all time, and many people would agree with me. But I would still avoid it because of all the other problems that come with them

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

If the deathadder shape is what sells you, just go with a HIRALIY F300. It's a pretty sweet mouse that copied that shape for $15. For that price, you would expect it to be a hell of a lot worse than it actually is.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

This. Go with what works best for you. I'm using a Razer Abyssus V2 mouse/firefly mouse pad and Corsair strafe keyboard. I also have a Corsair mouse, but it's not as comfortable as my Razer. I just wish it was RGB...

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Keep it simple: Mice-logitech Keyboard-corsair(if you want gaming and rgb) Headphones- any pair of good open back headphones (hd 558, hd 598, shp9500 hd 6xx all paired with a modmic) Headset- hyper x cloud

You see, its easy

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah im not saying that logitech and razer dont make great keyboards its just that in my opinion, corsair beats them by a small margin because of their design, switches, and construction.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

lol, I only got the m65 for the sniper button.

[comment deleted]
  • 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Price isn't a problem for me. I just want good looks, good performance, and good software.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Razer is very overpriced corsair is less overpriced.

[comment deleted]
  • 23 months ago
  • 1 point

It's the same for most gamer brands anyways.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

I've found their software to be quite good as far as RGB lighting goes.

• 23 months ago
  • 2 points

Corsair Strafe RGB is quite bright, since it has an all white back plate under the keys.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

i have the Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 too and the squishy wirst pad is also a HUGE plus for me. Don't regret buying it at all. Although my friends do complain sometimes about my keyboard being able to be heard through my mic, but i love the clickyness.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube