add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Gonzo8927

24 months ago

Final Build, could have custom looped this thing with the upcharge on the graphics cards, but it is what it is, on a mission now will have some pics up this weekend

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor Purchased For $369.98
CPU Cooler Cooler Master - MasterAir MA610P 53.4 CFM CPU Cooler Purchased For $69.99
Thermal Compound Thermal Grizzly - Kryonaut 1g 1g Thermal Paste Purchased For $11.09
Motherboard Asus - ROG MAXIMUS X CODE ATX LGA1151 Motherboard Purchased For $312.65
Memory G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 Memory Purchased For $259.99
Storage Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive Purchased For $227.79
Storage Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive Purchased For $227.79
Video Card Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING Video Card (2-Way SLI) Purchased For $1145.00
Video Card Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING Video Card (2-Way SLI) Purchased For $1145.00
Case Cooler Master - COSMOS C700P ATX Full Tower Case Purchased For $297.49
Power Supply Cooler Master - V1000 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Purchased For $259.99
Case Fan Cooler Master - MasterFan Pro 120 Air Flow RGB 48.8 CFM 120mm Fan Purchased For $16.99
Case Fan Cooler Master - MasterFan Pro 120 Air Flow RGB 48.8 CFM 120mm Fan Purchased For $16.99
Case Fan Cooler Master - MasterFan Pro 140 Air Flow RGB 53.0 CFM 140mm Fan Purchased For $17.90
Case Fan Cooler Master - MasterFan Pro 140 Air Flow RGB 53.0 CFM 140mm Fan Purchased For $17.90
Monitor Asus - ROG SWIFT PG348Q 34.0" 3440x1440 100Hz Monitor Purchased For $1177.00
Keyboard Asus - ROG Claymore Wired Gaming Keyboard Purchased For $270.00
Mouse Asus - ROG Spatha Wireless Laser Mouse Purchased For $159.99
Other NZXT Internal USB Hub Purchased For $23.51
Other ASUS Gaming Headphone (ROG Centurion) Purchased For $277.00
Other ASUS ROG SLI High-Bandwidth Bridge with Aura Sync RGB 3 Slot (ROG-SLI-HB-BRIDGE-3SLOT) Purchased For $47.99
Other Cooler Master MasterAccessories Trident Cable for RGB Fans Purchased For $9.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $6396.91
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-02-20 11:58 EST-0500

Comments

• 24 months ago
  • 2 points

You could start by not wasting money on SLI (in most cases, lol).

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Even if i wanted just one, I couldnt even get that. Looks like walmart of all has the best prices but they are never in stock.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

You could always buy one from nVidia directly if you're willing to wait.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/10series/geforce-gtx-1080-ti/#shop

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh sweet thanks, i put in for notifications. I did the same for walmarts stock too.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Got some GPU's!

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Where'd you end up buying from?

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Nextwarehouse. 2-3 week back order

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah those GPUs would raise the price to $5,000!

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

The cheapest ones i could find would add another $2400 to it. Insane.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Cancelled my order from Nextwarehouse, they were basically holding my money till some thing came in. Currently need video cards and a power supply.

If im spending this much i minus well get a titan xp. Another choice is wait for the new cards to come out. But asus did t release their 1080 until june 2016. Thats 4 more months.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

they were basically holding my money till some thing came in.

To be fair, that kind of is what buying on backorder means.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah that was my mistake, I was under impression that they knew they were getting another shipment in X date.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Sounds like they could have been more clear with it.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

If push comes to shove you could get a card like a 1050 ti that's overpriced but not completely egregious; then get in early on the next series of GPUs with the money you saved.

For a PSU you could get one like this: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Vq38TW/corsair-power-supply-cp9020094na

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh man! Im glad I cancelled that 1200w, because I just remembered that I ordered from cable mod for a cooler master v1000. HAHA this is fun. Guess that solves the PSU

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Should be done all ordered

[comment deleted]
  • 24 months ago
  • 1 point

In the future i may do a custom loop, but yeah i want this pc to last years before i need to do anything to it. As far as prifs, i wanted the whole thing to work with aura sync.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
  • 24 months ago
  • 1 point

The gpu prices

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

No one really needs any of this stuff. I bought 2 because i want a raid0 set up.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Is this just for gaming?

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Yup, wanted a really nice pc since I was a kid. Im so excited for this. Timing couldnt be any worse though.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, it's definitely overkill, haha. I'm definitely jealous, though!

Maybe just get one GPU? You're probably not really going to see the performance of SLI - some games actually run worse in SLI.

I bet you saved up for a long time for this. I'm finding myself in a similar situation (as are a lot of gamers). My wife finally asked me to upgrade her computer so that she can play some stuff with me, but even a GTX 1050 is around $200. Stupid crypto-miners.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah ive decided i wanted to do this last summer and started with no knowledge. Tons and tons of youtube videos and my spouse is tired of hearing about computers haha. Im not looking for practical. I want bonkers performance. At the same time i dont want to spend 80% mark up on gpu's.

As far as the sli everyone is always so against it. If its such a terrible experience I can always sell one, but i want to experience it, tinker with it myself.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

That doesn't really make any sense. NVMe is already fast already. No need for a no redundancy RAID 0 setup. And, at that, NVMe's speed is unnoticeable compared to SATA in most situations (pretty much all situations a gamer will experience - save the seldom large game disk transfer (couple seconds time saved at most)).

Rather than get NVMe that you can't notice, why not double, or even quadruple your SATA SSD space? You could even get 2 SATA SSD's and one HDD and set it in a RAID 10 configuration (not that I am really saying you should do this, but you could). That would increase speed even more and give you redundancy in the event of a drive failure. That will benefit you much more and for longer.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah could have saved 100 bucks on hard drives and 100 buck here and there. At the end of the day its not what i want. Dont really care for redundancy since its for gaming, all my work is done on my laptop.

When i run out of space on this i plan on having a pair of raid 0 850 evo's

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

May be an option, going to wait it out a bit

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Maybe, but i got them for the same reason someone would by a piece of art. Just looks so good

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

don't think the headset is, and the keyboard can do some interesting things with other asus hardware, but nothing crazy

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube