add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
crichardson26

21 months ago

Just built my new system and all the leds and fans are on, theres signal sent to the monitor, but its just a black screen. I have a EVGA 500w PSU non modular and it has a 20+4 pin cable, my motherboard is the msi z370 a pro and its meant for a straight 24 pin connection. Could that be the reason for my faulting?

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

The cable is split into 2 for compatibility with different motherboards sizes and models.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Any idea what it could be?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I have a EVGA 500w PSU non modular and it has a 20+4 pin cable, my motherboard is the msi z370 a pro and its meant for a straight 24 pin connection. Could that be the reason for my faulting?

Nope, just join them together and the board will work.

Have you connected the 8-pin CPU connector (EPS) from your PSU to the board as well?

Also one ram module goes to the **DIMMA2 slot.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Done all that but still not working.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Have you connected the 8-pin PCI-e connector from the PSU to the GPU?

I assume you have connected the Monitor to the GPU and not to the I/O board panel.

Try to clear the CMOS of the board.

Then try to restart your computer again.

If it's not working...remove the GPU and try to boot up your system that way.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube