add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
TheIbbyTron

21 months ago

Will the prices ever drop? I want to build a gaming PC but high price RAM and GPUs are limiting my options due to budget.

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Nope because Samsung friggin started upswing DDR4 memory in mobile devices, so us PC users have to share meaning higher prices. Hope they don’t do this with DDR5.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

RIP

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

GPU prices could drop over night if certain crypto currencies crash. Ram is a completely different scenario.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I see. I hate mining

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

The miners aren't the ones raising the prices

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Who then? I'm very curious

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Samsung raises RAM, miners raise GPUs.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

RIP

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Saying that miners are raising prices is a false statement, They are the cause but they are not raising the prices. The retailers are raising the prices because of the miners. The retailers know people will pay the increased prices so they raise them to make more money. You can still buy gpus at msrp directly from companies like evga but only while they are in stock. The problem is not the miners. Its the retailers like Newegg.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I see thanks for the much valued info

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

You could always compensate the price difference, by spending less money on other components of the build.

Of course on a budget build, that would be a problem, more or less.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

True but I do want to get certain performance. 144 fps in certain games is my aim at medium settings minimum

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't know the build in question, but from your build in your saved part list...

144fps with an Ryzen 1200 and a GTX 1050Ti, some games will not cut it on such high fps.

So it depends mostly from the games you are interested for.

The ram selection in that build is pure.

Why you have chosen an 2400MHz module without heat spreader that looks awful? lol

That module below has a higher speed, looks cool and has a heat spreader as well.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232086&cm_re=F4-2666C15S-8GVR-_-20-232-086-_-Product

$81.99 with promo code!

And honestly your main problem for achieving the above goal is not the Ram but the GPU. (mostly) ;)

Note: I think there is an error on the Monitor selection on your saved build.

The Monitor in question should be the Acer XF240H and not the Asus XF240H. ;)

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

$82 bucks for 8GB--what a RIP OFF but part of the memory industry "training" is to raise the prices so high that people will get used to them and get excited if they drop a few bucks.

Bought 32GB of GSkill for a build in Sept 2016 and paid $139.00 for all FOUR sticks. They were putting DDR 4 in phones then---In fact they were putting DDR in higher end phones in 2015.

If everyone keeps paying the price don't EVER expect prices to fall,why would they?

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231795

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

That was just seeing what I could get for a certain budget. Thanks for the advice. I'm thinking of just saving up more and going for a build that looks good and performs good.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

You may be interested on the new Ryzen 2000 processors as well, that will arrive most probably on April 19.

https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-7-2700x-ryzen-5-2600x-cpu-review-published-online/

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks for the heads up. If it's cheaper and only a slight difference in performance I might stick with the current Gen risen CPUs.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Don't expect prices to drop this year.

• 20 months ago
  • 2 points

I wanna cri

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube