add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

GTA V FPS not what it should be

BrittMeeks5

21 months ago

I will be posting my new build soon, just waiting on a few last pieces. But for now, I will just give my specs: 7700K, Asus Z270g mobo, Asus Strix 1080ti OC, Samsung 960 Evo 500GB M.2, 1080p monitor (This is only temporary).

Every game that I have runs buttery smooth except for GTA V. I have the graphics set to what the GeForce Experience sets it to. In game, it shows that I am using about 6 of my 11GB of VRAM. The only setting not at max is grass. My average FPS in game is around 30-45... My brother has a 1080 (Not the TI) GPU and sets his graphics at the same (Maybe just a few settings a little lower) and gets a steady 60 FPS at 1080p. His rig is similar but with an 8700K and a different M.2 SSD. I have uninstalled my GPU drivers and reinstalled them. I have lowered graphics settings a little bit. I have even moved the game from my HDD to my M.2 SSD and nothing seems to help. When I lowered my graphics to high instead of ultra, I was still averaging about 40 or so. It doesn't make sense to me why it runs so slow and why it is the only game that runs slow.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to fix it?

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Check "Frame Scaling" in the advanced options setting. GeForce Experience can sometimes suggest some resolution scaling in its suggested settings. If this is above whatever the default value is (idk how GTA V phrases it), it means your game is being run at a higher resolution and then down-sampled to fit your monitor's resolution.

My brother has a 1080 (Not the TI) GPU and sets his graphics at the same (Maybe just a few settings a little lower) and gets a steady 60 FPS at 1080p.

Sounds like you don't actually know what your brother is setting his settings at. A detailed compare/contrast would probably turn up the problem pretty quick. That, or there is something going on outside the game with your rig that is impacting performance.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't know what exactly it is set at. He says it is maxed out, but that could be a "maxed but this setting is down one step" answer or an actual maxed. I am unsure. I haven't seen his settings in person since we don't live together.

But that would make sense about the frame scaling. I will try that out tonight when I get online. I'll let you know how that does! Thanks!

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

That fixed my issue! Thank you for the input! I had no idea what Frame Scaling was! Now I know that it should not be set to 5/2! :D

• 21 months ago
  • 2 points

You're welcome, sounds like the game had scaled to around 4K if I had to guess lol. Glad it is working for you now!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube