add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is my 1060 3gb enough for 144hz?

crichardson26

19 months ago

I only play games like fortnite and overwatch, and at what settings would I need to go to to hit that 144fps? High/med? The CPU i have is a i5 8400.

Comments

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Since you said "my 1060 3gb," I'm assuming you already have it.

The easiest way to test this is to do so experimentally. Fortnite and Overwatch are not particularly heavy games, but 144 FPS is significantly harder to reach than 60, especially with a 3GB 1060 (I'm not worried about your CPU being a bottleneck). Try lowering the settings to the absolute minimum (perhaps with resolution down to 1600x900), then bump up the most intolerable settings gradually until your frame rate starts dipping too far below your target.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

I just looked up some benchmarks and with the 1060 3gb on fortnite with all settings fully maxed out its hitting 85-90 fps. I'd be fine turning the settings down to medium.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube